7 Tips for Planning, Organizing & Time Management
By Connie Amos-Parsons, Accredited Wedding Planner, Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC)
ABC Virginia State Manager
Owner, At Your Service Events Planner and former Project Manager (PMP)
December 5, 2011
AYSEventsPlanner@aol.com - 240-235-6003 Chevy Chase office and
703-370-0402 Alexandria office – www.LynchburgEventPlanner.com
Locations Alexandria, VA and Chevy Chase MD
Serving Northern VA, DC, MD, Central VA and Hampton Roads area
In response to requests, I’ve written some tips to help plan, organize and use time management to apply to any project.
1. Look at the big picture. Visualize what you want to accomplish.
2. Write a To Do List and prioritize tasks.
3. Cross off tasks as they are completed.
4. Focus on due dates and add additional time as a buffer. (It always takes longer than you think.)
5. Think of what ifs—-and prepare a Plan B.
6. Don’t get bogged down on minor tasks. Keep focused on the “big picture” and due dates.
7. If you use the above 6 steps as a guide, it will help to keep you from feeling overwhelmed or frustrated. Allow yourself time to breathe, by taking breaks–and then re-start.