Connie Amos-Parsons, is the owner of the award-winning
At Your Service Events Planner
an Accredited Wedding Planner, Certified Sandals Specialist and
Virginia State Manager, Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC)
(240) 235-6003 Chevy Chase MD office and
(703) 370-0402 Alexandria VA office – AYSEventsPlanner@aol.com
Locations Alexandria, VA and Cheavy Chase, MD
Serving Northern VA, DC, MD, Central VA and Hampton Roads area
“On behalf of Bert Dodson, Jr. and all of us at Dodson Pest Control, we want to thank you for the outstanding job you performed as the events planner for our 70th anniversary picnic celebrations….very professional, friendly and dedicated. Dodson Pest Control highly recommends you, Connie!”
Corporate Services: Anniversaries, Fundraisers, Ground Breaking, Holiday Parties, Conferences, Meetings, Seminars, Open House, Picnics. Team Day, Theme Parks
You name it! We’ll handle your events big or small!
Corporate events are one of our specialties. We’ve worked with several local and international companies. If you’re looking for creative ideas, a talented team, resourcefulness and a stress-free successful event, contact At Your Service Events Planner! Holiday parties, Team Day, Open House, Anniversary or any event Big or Small. We can help make it well planned, well organized, well executed and memorable! Call 703-370-0402.
We have worked with the following companies:
Blue Ridge Montessori School
Dodson Pest Control
Gleaning For The World
Harman Eye Center
At Your Service Events Planner
(240) 235-6003 Chevy Chase MD office and (703) 370-0402 Alexandria VA office or
For your Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Honeymoons, Luxury Vacations or Destination Weddings
Certified Sandals Specialist - Alexandria and Chevy Chase - Connie Amos-Parsons
703-370-0402 or 240-235-6003
As a special service to you, as members of the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC) and Certified Sandals Specialists, At Your Service Events Planner has co-branded with one of ABC’s corporate members, Sandals and Beaches Luxury Included Vacations and Grand Pineapple Resorts. You may visit the websites below and begin planning your romantic, luxurious Honeymoon or Destination Wedding or call us at (703) 370-0402 and we’ll be happy to assist you in every detail including your airfare. At Your Service Events Planner does not charge an additional fee or commission for our Sandals, Beaches or Grand Pineapple honeymoons. The same price that’s on Sandals website is what you pay by going through us. However, we have added value because we handle any emergencies such as airline delays, re-booking, insurance and excursions. We also book destination weddings at these resorts for your wedding party.
There are seven Sandals in Jamaica, one in Antigua, three in St. Lucia, two in the Bahamas, one in Grenada and one in Barbados bringing the total to 15 Sandals resorts. There are three Beaches resorts–one in Negril, Jamaica, one in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and one in Turks & Caicos.
There is one Grand Pineapple Resort in Negril, Jamaica.
You may Book your own Sandals Reservations at the following links or
At Your Service Events Planner is an awards-winning weddings and events company, with offices in Chevy Chase MD and Alexandria VA. Weddings are something that all of us dream of as being romantic and oh-so-perfect. But of course when the time draws near and we have to actually plan our wedding ceremony, reality steps in and we realize that all is not as cozy and exciting as it seemed. A professional award-winning Alexandria Wedding Planner is just the answer for calming down the frantic pace of the nitty-gritty that goes into wedding planning. But if you are still not convinced, let’s take a look at all the things the we will do for you and save you the last minute anxiety.
The first thing that automatically comes along with planning a wedding reception is a lot of stress. There are a million details that go into planning the perfect wedding ceremony and reception. If you treat your wedding as one big project, this project is going to need a project manager who is going to be your wedding planner. They are going to help keep out all the stress by doing what they do best, management. They will manage even the smallest details from the budget to all the different things that will require hiring or contracting wedding vendors. They will do all the leg work for you, not only making you stress free but giving you ample time to take a break, pamper yourself and also give you time to spend with your family and friends. At Your Service Events Planner owner is a former Project Manager PMP.
The wedding budget is obviously a very important part and needs to be done prior to everything else. As novices in event planning, we often land up wasting precious resources by making the wrong choices which a wedding coordinator is well versed with and knows how to get you the best deals from the best vendors. Also a wedding planner will guarantee the services he or she provides through their own reliable vendors. Wedding vendors will often do favors for a planner that they do lots of business with, but would not be available to the bride or groom. Do not worry that they will smother your ideas. A wedding planner will work in coordination with you. In fact all you have to pay is about 10-20% of the total wedding costs. Although this fee can vary, you will still be saving a lot of money.
Often the bride and groom get carried away by various fantastical things that are just not practical. They can’t decide how to make their wedding ceremony special and distinctive from others. An Alexandria Wedding Planner will help you to realize your ideas in a realistic way and also provide you with their own suggestions to polish and shape your ideas all the way to a unique wedding.
With so many possibilities, the bride and groom can feel overwhelmed and often land up buying something they don’t plan because they have been cajoled by friends or family. A wedding planner will know who the best in the business are and guide the bride and groom into buying just what is right for them.
Middleman and Shield
Although hard to believe, you can get hounded by all the different caterers and florists you may have visited. Also, wedding vendors you choose may ask you a hundred technical questions you may have no idea about. That is where your wedding coordinator will step in to act as a go-between and keep you away from all the unnecessary headache.
Finally, do your self a favor and consider contacting Connie at At Your Service Events Planner today! You may be surprised at what is really possible for your dream nuptials for you and your bride or groom. At Your Service Events Planner–we plan great weddings and events!
At Your Service Events Planner is an award-winning wedding and events planner. Why should you use At Your Service Events Planner is a question that is asked by clients as well as industry professionals. The title Wedding Consultant has been misused so often that it has become confusing for people to truly understand what a professional Wedding Consultant really does.
We all know that professional photographers produce beautiful pictures and present them in elegant wedding albums. Videographers capture all of the colorful emotions of the wedding day in a video. The wedding florist works hard to arrange a picture perfect bouquet for the bride and fill the ceremony and reception area with beautiful flowers. The Wedding DJ (or band) plays the role of Master of Ceremonies and sets the tone with music.
Nearly every professional in the wedding industry has a tangible product that they offer brides. A Wedding Consultant/Coordinator/Planner, however, has a more challenging time trying to sell an intangible service. So what does a Wedding Consultant really do?
At Your Service Events Planner wears many hats. We call ourselves Jill of all trades–Ninjas!
- Some of our team handle administrative functions for the bride and groom, taking care of all the paperwork for the couple.
- We also act as mediator between the bride and groom and the various people and facilities involved in the wedding (Church, reception facility, vendors, family members, minister, etc.).
- We take the role of financial planners who assist couples in creating a realistic budget and help them stick to it.
- As Consultants we are teachers who educate couples on wedding etiquette and protocol.
- We are legal consultants who review contracts before the couple actually signs on the dotted line.
- We are talent recruiters who recommend the most professional and suitable vendors for each couple.
- We are designers who make sure everything is presented well and is color-coordinated. We are pleased to have a floral and decor designer on our team.
- We may also take on the role as mental therapists who work hard to keep everybody sane in the midst of all the stress; we are “fire fighters” who are quick in responding to negative issues and thus quick to put out fires.
- And lastly, we are the logistics managers who cater to every detail during the planning stages and on the wedding day.
With “wedding planning” topping people’s list as one of the biggest projects of their life, doesn’t it make sense to hire a “project manager” to lead the way? Fortunately, Connie, the owner of At Your Service Events Planner, has experience as a Project Manager PMP.
Besides allowing brides to focus on preparing herself for the big day, we can also be helpful to vendors making sure vendors are paid on time and helping to convey what the bride and groom really wants. We create logistically brilliant timelines and share them with all vendors.
As team leader on the bride’s and groom’s wedding day,
- We serve as the point person for everyone involved in the wedding.
- We want the team of professionals to do a spectacular job so we are constantly communicating with each vendor.
- We especially make sure that each vendor is up to date on any changes on the wedding itinerary and make certain that vendors receive their meal in a timely manner.
With the presence of a top professional wedding planner, everyone benefits.
- The bride and groom can focus on being the guests of honor.
- Having a Consultant frees up all the other professionals to utilize their gifts or talents to the fullest, not having to spend their energy on the time consuming aspects of the planning.
The next time you hear someone comment, what exactly does a Wedding Consultant/Planner/Coordinator do? The better question is what is it they don’t do?
What are some areas that At Your Service Events Planner may be responsible for?
- Provide resources for reliable and trustworthy vendors.
- Give guidance in a cost-effective planning approach.
- Offer etiquette guidance.
- Provide traditional, contemporary and practical tips.
- Monitor Wedding expenses and payment.
- Advise on contracts, bill of sale and proposals.
- Attend the rehearsal, ceremony and reception to insure a smooth effortless day.